Monday, April 18, 2011

God Is Good

Luke just sent this to me in an email, and wants you to know that he didn't write it to be a fancy pants blogger--it was just supposed to be an email to me. In all seriousness, it's really good and true.  

----------------------------------------------------------

God is being good to us right now.  He's using us, he's giving us some peace, we have two fun kids, we love each other.

I'm writing mostly because sometimes I feel like I'm responsible for it.  Like I've worked really hard or been particularly clever to bring it about.  I know that's not true even when I feel like it is.  

He's been so gracious to us.  

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall
I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me
but this I call to mind and therefore I have hope
because of the Lord's unfailing love we are not consumed
for his mercies never cease
they are new every morning
Great is your faithfulness!
I have said to myself, "the Lord is my portion"
Therefore I will wait for Him.  
(Lam. 3:19-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment