Thursday, May 26, 2011

Alive

After my crazy post from yesterday, I am happy to report that we are alive, and the string of crazy events has not continued. 

Luke went to bed still feeling a lot of pain, but by this afternoon, he was bouncing around the house all hyper from sitting still for 24 hours. He says it still hurts, but you wouldn't know that from how he's acting; hopefully he won't become too stir crazy and re-injure it. 

Our car will be fixed by the end of the day and I'll pick it up tomorrow so we can head out of town and see our boys! Fixing it is going to cost an arm and a leg, and we haven't decided yet who has to give up what. I figure since Luke's back is already hurting, he won't even notice a few amputations. And does he really need both arms and legs to study? He disagrees with me though. 

I also went to bed sore (and with weird pains springing up as the day progressed), but woke up feeling fine. So whatever damage she did to me, it was only temporary. In addition, I got a text message from a friend saying she knows of an awesome masseuse and is going to buy me another massage! I seriously felt like crying when I read that. It's like an extra dose of grace--I don't really need to be pampered like that, but I was kinda looking forward to it. What a sweet gift.

And tomorrow we get to see our little guys!! I think it will be a shock to suddenly have to do the work of taking care of them again, but I'm really excited to see them!! This is why rich people have live-in nannies: you get to have your kids with you all the time, but you don't have to endure the endless cycle of diapers and bottles and snacks and diapers and toys and did I mention the diapers yet? 

Today Luke is working on his paper (he won't get as much done as we had hoped, but he's still making great progress) and I got my hair cut (finally!). I'm taking the day to catch up on some projects around the house. Despite the setbacks of yesterday, I think we're still going to get a lot more done than if we had the kids here. 

And really, if we are going to have a day like yesterday, I'd much rather that it happen without the boys around! Can you imagine all of that with the kids in tow? Thank you, God, for Your generous grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment